|Study location||Hungary, Veszprém|
|Type||Doctoral, full degree studies|
|Nominal duration||8 semesters (240 ECTS)|
|Course code||Computer sciences|
Master diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Applications are accepted from the following territories (based on citizenship): Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Cambodia, Cape Verde, China, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, State of Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
The training and research programme of the Doctoral School of Information Science is open to a wide field of information science and of its technical applications. Its topics flexibly cover the constantly changing training and research demands. The research in its scientific workshops is of international level. The research is controlled by internationally recognized and highly appreciated professors.
The main research directions of the Doctoral School are:
(1) Image and signal processing, including image recognition, presentation and processing, new efficient methods in image retrieval, in object recognition in video analysis and advanced signal processing methods using sensor networks.
(2) Medical informatics systems: diagnostics and modelling studies of brain and cardiovascular systems, analysis and synthesis of food input regarding many components, development of intelligent informatics systems containing remote diagnostics and therapical units.
(3) System and control theory: intelligent diagnosis of complex systems, state and parameter estimation of nonlinear and stochastic systems, advanced control methods for energy systems, system and control theory approach of smart grids.
(4) Optimization of large-scale industrial systems and processes: developing methods and softwares for the analysis of complex processes and systems, for their design, optimization and decision support.
(5) Deterministic and stochastic dynamical system models: developing new theoretical and numerical methods motivated primarily by mathematical models describing biological processes and neural networks, their applications to practical problems.
(6) Applications of combinatorics in information technology: structural and extremal study of discrete mathematical models, mainly graphs and hipergraphs, study of the algorithmical complexity of combinatorical problems, study of approximability of discrete optimization, study of the competitive ratio of on-line scheduling.
More details can be found at
MSc degree in information technology, informatics or computer science, TOEFL or IELTS language certificate in English with fluent reading and speaking skills, a preliminary acceptance letter from a supervisor accredited at the Doctoral School, a research plan that is conform with one of the topics offered by the Doctoral School.
Type of entrance exam:
Entrance exam location:
Entrance exam description:
After checking the certificates proving the qualification (degree, language certificate, transcript, research plan), the applicants are invited for a Skype interview to estimate their knowledge, language knowledge, proficiency in their research topic, their motivation. We will check whether the research plan of the applicant fits the profile of the Doctoral School.
Ms Orsolya Ujvári
Preparatory year available:
Specialisation year available:
Minimum number of scholarship holders:
Maximum number of scholarship holders: