|Type||Doctoral, full degree studies|
|Nominal duration||8 semesters (240 ECTS)|
Master diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Applications are accepted from the following territories (based on citizenship): Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Cambodia, Cape Verde, China, Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, State of Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
B2 level (CEFR)
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
- Master degree,
The structure of the PhD programmes of the Medical Faculty is similar to those of most European and American universities. The doctoral (PhD) degree, as the highest qualification attainable at university, is conferred by the University of Pécs to those who have given evidence of sufficient practical skills and theoretical knowledge to conduct scientific research independently.
- Master degree,
- Intermediate English Language proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL),
- research plan, preliminary research proposal,
- supporting letters from two instructor-researchers from your previous higher education institution(s) who are holders of the PhD degree (or other scientific degree equal to the PhD degree),
- letter of acceptance from your future research leader at the University of Pécs Medical School (aok.pte.hu/en/egyseg/almenu/1670/128),
- list of completed subjects,
- curriculum vitae,
- medical certificate test with laboratory (AIDS, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis A, Chest X-ray), vaccination card,
- passport copy
Type of entrance exam:
Entrance exam location:
Entrance exam description:
A person can be admitted to the PhD program if he/she meets the admission requirements and successfully passes the entrance examination. Having a Master’s degree is general requirement (from non-medical field also is possible), as well as recommendation of two PhD-researchers/instructors and a B2 level language certificate. The following things might be advantageous at the evaluation of the applications: TDK (student research) work, outstanding academic achievement/GPA, additional language skills, overseas study trip, congress presentations, posters presentations or scientific publications (even as co-author). Applicants will be invited for an interview. There is a waiting list.
Mrs Erika Tamaskóné Sóstai
The doctoral training program consists of two stages and a complex comprehensive
examination in between of the two stages. All of them are required for a qualification. The
first stage is the Training Phase, and the second stage is the Dissertation Phase. The student
can enter into the 2nd stage only if the complex exam was fulfilled with success after the
- In the course of the tuition – in the first 3 semesters – every student must complete 16
credits confirmed by the leader of the subject area.)
- passing the PhD complex examinations
- demonstrating intermediate level skills in English for Specific Purposes and basic level
skills in another foreign Language for Specific Purposes (see Appendix 1 of the code of
rules and regulations concerning doctoral (PhD) programs and matriculation procedures for
the conferral of doctoral (PhD) degrees at the University of Pécs Medical School)
- reaching the minimal impact factor used to evaluate research activity (the method of
calculation is described in Appendix 2),
- recording it in the „MTMT” database
- writing a PhD dissertation and defending it
PhD instruction is provided in the forms of theoretical courses (lectures in the same subject
area), practical courses (acquisition of methodology) and research supervision.
The completion of the research requirements in the first 4 semesters is 26 credits per
semester, in the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th semesters 30-30 credits per semester, which is
confirmed by the supervisor’s signature in the gradebook.
The code of rules and regulations concerning doctoral (PhD) programs and matriculation
procedures for the conferral of doctoral (PhD) degrees at the University of Pécs Medical
School is available at: aok.pte.hu/en/egyseg/dokumentumok/1670