|Study location||Hungary, Veszprém|
|Type||Bachelor, partial/exchange studies|
|Nominal duration||1 or 2 semesters|
|Course code||Economic Science|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Applications are accepted from the following territories (based on citizenship): Albania, Cambodia, Japan, Lebanon, Mongolia, Russia, South Korea, Syria, Turkey, Vietnam.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Active student status certificate from the attended university in the sending country.
The aim of the programme is to provide students with knowledge in tourism as a specific socio-economic phenomenon and discipline. It aims to develop technically competent, broad-minded individuals who think and communicate effectively and who have the skills required to conduct research, to undertake critical analysis and to solve problems. Tourism is the focus and the programme however, it draws on the results and methods of many disciplines to inform the study. The essential characteristics of the programme are:
• Systematic approach – tourism is discussed within the system of its internal and external connections and not as a collection of isolated phenomena.
• Flexibility – our educational programme is designed to allow for the acquisition of transferable skills to better enable response to changing situations, whether arising from personal circumstances or from the tourism environment.
• Practice-orientation – the programme puts great importance on the practical applicability of the theoretical knowledge gained during the course of studies. The great number of seminars and the extensive participation of tourism professionals in the practical education serve this purpose.
• Forward looking – with the discussions of contemporary issues, the programme focuses on the latest world trends in the related fields and prepare students for the future challenges in the field of tourism and hospitality management.
The main topics of the programme are:
• trends in the supply and demand of international tourism;
• economic, social and environmental impacts of international tourism development;
• tourism and sustainable development;
• integrated tourism planning.
The programme gives the students opportunities for in-depth analysis of tourism in a number of different contexts, including economic, social, technological and environmental, set within a broad structure of management and business techniques and principles.
The courses of the programme provide students with a high level of intellectual challenge as well as opportunities for gaining practical industry related experience.
secondary school final exam, TOEFL, IELTS, Attestation of Language Proficiency in case of English language former study
Type of entrance exam:
Entrance exam location:
Entrance exam description:
After sending all the necessary application documents, the applicant takes a professional entrance examination via Skype organised by the Admission Committee of the Faculty of Business and Economics.
Ms Tünde Vajda
Preparatory year available:
Specialisation year available:
Minimum number of scholarship holders:
Maximum number of scholarship holders: