|Study location||Hungary, Veszprém|
|Type||Bachelor, partial/exchange studies|
|Nominal duration||1 or 2 semesters (30 ECTS)|
|Course code||Economic Science|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Applications are accepted from the following territories (based on citizenship): Albania, Indonesia, Japan, Lebanon, Russia, South Korea, Syria, Turkey, Vietnam.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Active student status certificate from the attended university in the sending country.
The aim of the course is to train professionals who possess on the one hand the basic micro and macroeconomic knowledge, and industrial, functional economic knowledge which enables them to work individually after a short practice period in many different areas of the economy including governmental bodies, regional and local governments and also businesses. Students will also be able to participate in further economic education for example at master level or study at foreign universities. Students completing their BA studies in Applied Economics will understand:
- the economic procedures, relations and analytic methods,
- the basic economic principles and tools of different fields,
- the system of economic relations and organisations, their operational principles and procedures,
- the handling of economic resources and the principles and methods of economic organisation,
- the reoccurring lawful elements of the economic operation with special regards to the EU and its policies.
Students can identify and solve problems, have innovative skills, critical thinking and ability to initiate, sensitivity towards social issues, oral and written communication skills, be tolerant and recognise the possibility of synergy.
secondary school final exam, TOEFL, IELTS, Attestation of Language Proficiency in case of English language former study
Type of entrance exam:
Entrance exam location:
Entrance exam description:
After sending all the necessary application documents, the applicant takes a professional entrance examination via Skype organised by the Admission Committee of the Faculty of Business and Economics.
Ms Tünde Vajda
Preparatory year available:
Specialisation year available:
Minimum number of scholarship holders:
Maximum number of scholarship holders:
Where garduates may find a job:
- state or local administration organizations such as National Banks, State Audit Offices, Central Statistical Office, National Tax and Customs Administrations, State Treasuries, ministries,
- municipalities, other public offices,
- credit and other financial institutions,
- consulting or auditing firms,
- project offices of regional development agencies,
- multinational or local manufacturing or service providing companies,
- EU institutions or their national cooperating partners,
- economic research centers,
- universities or other institutions of education.
Our program is also designed to prepare you to pursue further master level studies and obtain an MA degree.