Ludovika - University of Public Service; a “University of cooperation”
Ludovika - University of Public Service (UPS) is a unique institution situated in the capital of Hungary, the vibrant city of Budapest.
Ludovika - UPS is the key educational institution and think-tank of the Hungarian public service, thus, being responsible for the education of future personnel of public administration including civilian professionals as well as military and law enforcement officers. Besides these, Ludovika - UPS is the sole institution in the country providing continuous education and executive training for practising professionals. In this sense Ludovika - UPS provides a career-long training and learning platform from undergraduate-level to senior and executive civil servants and by doing so, offers a knowledge-based career-advancement opportunity. Lecturers of Ludovika - UPS are members of Academia and often practising professionals at the same time, thus students not only receive theoretical knowledge but first-hand experiences as well. In addition, to serve the needs of central and local governments, the University has developed a “comprehensive approach” enabling mobility and crossing of career paths between civil, military and law enforcement services. Furthermore, Ludovika - UPS not only pays attention to developing world-class education but also to creating a modern, lively, open and student-friendly environment with ever developing, 21st century standard quality infrastructure.
Faculties of Ludovika - UPS
• Faculty of Water Sciences
• Faculty of Public Governance and International Studies
• Faculty of Law Enforcement
• Faculty of Military Sciences and Officer Training
• Institute of Disaster Management
• Institute of National Security
• Institute for Research and Development on State and Governance
• Doctoral School of Public Administration Sciences
• Doctoral School of Military Sciences
• Doctoral School of Military Engineering
• Doctoral School of Law Enforcement
Degree Programmes offered in English
Interested students can apply directly to our University for the following Degree Programmes.
Civil Engineering BSc
• Duration of the programme is 8 semesters
• Students will be acquainted with a broad range of contemporary issues in civil engineering. The course trains civil engineers in construction, operation, maintenance, management and administrative tasks. Our graduates are qualified to manage simple planning and research tasks independently, at a level set out in the regulations. They are also able to participate in more complex planning tasks. Our institute offers undergraduate degree courses in civil engineering. Following 4 semesters of general engineering studies, we offer a further 4 semesters of specialist studies.
• English language (B2)
• Secondary School Leaving Certificate
• Entrance Exam
Further information https://en.uni-nke.hu/about-ludovika-ups/faculties-and-institutes/faculty-of-water-sciences/degree-programmes
Environmental Engineering BSc
• Duration of the programme is 7 semesters;
• This course provides environmental engineers with up-to-date skills in ecology, technology, economics and management, so that they can organize and supervise disaster management and remediation activities. Our graduates have professional skills which enable them to reduce and eliminate existing environmental risks, harms and damage, make sustainable use of natural resources, and implement and operate low-waste technologies. They can devise technological solutions for reclaiming waste and disposing of hazardous waste. Our graduates possess general knowledge in the fields of environmental policy, and the protection of nature and landscape. Following 4 semesters of general environmental engineering studies, we offer a further 3 semesters of specialist studies.
• English language (B2)
• Secondary School Leaving Certificate
• Entrance Exam
Further information: https://en.uni-nke.hu/about-ludovika-ups/faculties-and-institutes/faculty-of-water-sciences/degree-programmes
International Public Service Relations MA (MIPuS)
• Duration of the programme is 3 semesters;
• Students will be acquainted with a broad range of contemporary issues in international relations, from the phenomenon of globalization, the policy making of international organizations to international law and the law of the European Union as well as hot topics such as good governance or integrity management.
• Advanced knowledge of English language (CEFR C1)
• Proof of advanced knowledge of one of the UN official languages
• An appropriate BA/BSc degree or the verification of completing at least 180 ECTS credits in a relevant field completion of at least 30 ects credits in the relevant subject areas (further information on our homepage)
Further information: https://en.uni-nke.hu/study-programs/masters-programs/master-in-international-public-service-relations-degree-programme/about-the-programme
Water Diplomacy MA
• The Master of Arts Programme in International Water Governance and Water Diplomacy provides a unique, practice oriented introduction to the political and institutional aspects of water management at national and international level. The programme comprises five knowledge clusters: hydrological, technical and environmental foundations of water management, general introduction to water governance (concepts, institutions, procedures, economics), water law (national, international, EU), the politics and institutions of international water governance, and transboundary water conflict management. The Programme follows a practical approach with a strong emphasis on field work, skill building exercises and team projects development.
• Duration of the Programme is 4 semesters
• Entry requirements
o English (B2)
o BA or BSc in civil or environmental engineering, international relations, law, economics, political science
• Further information: https://vtk.uni-nke.hu/oktatas/mesterkepzes-waterdiplo/waterdiplo
PhD in Public Administration Sciences
• Provides postgraduate-level education to professionals (researchers and practitioners) working in the field public administration
• Main research areas: public law and public administration, state and society, public management, state and economics, public administration in the international and European context, human resources
Further information: https://en.uni-nke.hu/study-programs/doctoral-programs/doctoral-school-of-public-administration-sciences
PhD in Military Sciences
• Focuses on the questions of military science regarding the activities of the defence sphere
• Wide spectrum of research fields from military history through security theories, defence administration to national security
Further information: https://en.uni-nke.hu/study-programs/doctoral-programs/doctoral-school-of-military-sciences/about-the-doctoral-school
PhD in Military Engineering
• Focuses on fields of research that are specifically related to the military application of engineering
• Training and preparation for scientific research in various related fields ranging from basic and applied researches and development, through technology and technology-transfer to technological innovation
Further information: https://en.uni-nke.hu/study-programs/doctoral-programs/doctoral-school-of-military-engineering/about-the-doctoral-school
The most common way to be an exchange student at our University is to participate in the Erasmus+ programme. This option is open for students of our Erasmus+ partner institutions inside and outside of Europe.
We also welcome CEEPUS freemover students or applicants according to other bilateral agreements with our partners.
Exchange students can choose courses from different modules, each of them including a wide selection for at least 30 ECTS credits.
• Civil Engineering Module
• Environmental Engineering Module
• Constitutionalism-Democracy-Governance Module
• Management and ICT in Public Administration
• International Relations Module MA
• International Relations Module BA
• Military Leadership Module
• Logistics and Maintenance Module
• Aviation Module
• Law Enforcement Module
• Complementary Soft Skills Module
Student Guide: https://en.uni-nke.hu/scholarships-and-grants/erasmus/student-guide
Erasmus Student Network
• A mentor programme with enthusiastic, open-minded and helpful mentors;
• Each incoming student has a buddy guiding international students through their stay in Hungary;
• Organizing a wide range of social activities and integrating incoming students to the student life of the University.
Further information: https://en.uni-nke.hu/student-life/student-organisations/erasmus-student-network
Main languages of education
Why choose Ludovika - UPS?
• Opportunity to combine theoretical knowledge with practical experiences;
• Various types of lectures and seminars;
• Opportunities to the develop language skills;
• An international atmosphere with summer schools, student unions, specialised research colleges, university sports club that are all open to international students as well;
• A modern, lively and student-friendly environment equipped with up-to-date technologies;
• Multimedia libraries, dormitories, and free wi-fi access on campus;
• Accommodation for most of its students in its dormitories that are located on campus;
• Extensive support for international students through coordinators and mentors, covering Academic and in everyday life issues as well;
• An outstanding student experience embedded in the vibrant life of Budapest;
• Exchange programmes, professional workshops, EU career days, series of Ambassador’s Forum, Erasmus Student Network, integration parties, the fresher’s camp and the fresher’s ball, joint public service exercise and so much more!
Ludovika - University of Public Service
Address: H-1089 Budapest, Diószegi Sámuel 23.
Postal address: 1441 Budapest, P.O. Box 60,
Phone: +36 1 432 9000 / 20496
Degree and exchange programmes: email@example.com
UPS on social media
• Facebook (Www.Facebook.Com/Uni.Nke)
• YouTube (Www.Youtube.Com/User/NkeUni)
• Flickr (Www.Flickr.Com/Uni-Nke)
• Instagram (Www.Instagram.Com/Uni.Nke)
• Twitter (Www.Twitter.Com/Uni_nke)
• Legal Science
• Social Science
• Engineering Science
• One-Tier Master Course
• Summer School