Pázmány Péter Catholic University (PPCU), one of the successors of the University established in 1635 is now a fast-growing educational institution focused on internalization and nurturing the talent of the future generation. A recognized partner of many universities and research centers on the national and international level, the University won the 'University of National Excellence' award in 2013.
In PPCU, we are focused on three things: our students, research and building and maintaining international relations.
The University has four Faculties in three campuses (Budapest, Piliscsaba and Esztergom), all located in the heart or the vicinity of the capital city of Hungary.
10 COOL FACTS ABOUT US
- We have ancient roots, yet we are new: originally founded in 1635, our university was reinstated in 1992: combining traditional values of care for our students with flexible curriculum and young staff members
- Unique in Europe: a few years after the first similar American initiative was launched, the Faculty of Information Technology and Bionics was started
- Excellent in Hungary: we have received the 'University of National Excellence' award in 2013
- World renowned professors: several of our staff members are often invited to universities abroad and are considered excellent in their field of study, such as one of our professors has just received European Citizen Prize of 2016
- Personal connection during your studies: by limiting the incoming student numbers, we aim to provide extensive care to each and every student
- Strong buddy system: we aim to pair every incoming student with a Hungarian of the very same division, so you will have all the help you need during your stay in Hungary
- Constant contact with research: study and research in our Jedlik Ányos Laboratory, fitted for multidisciplinary research of Bionics, Biotechnology, Nanotechnology and Microelectronics, or conduct research of Humanities in Psychological Research Laboratory or the state-of-art Archaeological Geoinformatical-System Laboratory
- Extensive international relations: based on the international relations of our university and the researchers lecturing at our faculty, we have succeeded in building active contacts with several internationally reputed university research centers (Berkeley, Notre Dame, Leuven, Munich, Krakow, Seville, Catania, London)
- Located in the heart of Hungary: enjoy the sight and opportunities of the capital city, while you can stay in our dormitory located in the safe and green suburban areas
- Excellent job opportunities: after graduation in their chosen field of innovation area, our students find that their diplomas will open many doors
Our four faculties are:
DEGREE PROGRAMMES OFFERED IN FOREIGN LANGUAGES
Master Courses in English
Master Courses in French and Italian
Phd Courses in EnglishMultidisciplinary Programme Of Sciences And Technology (Biology, Informatics And Electrical Engineering)
Feel at ease abroad with our student services designed for international students.
Welcome! – Orientation week
At the beginning of every semester we organize a week of cultural and informative activities for our incoming students. This is a wonderful opportunity to meet with your fellow international students, to get to know the campus and the staff members, to participate in a fun international dinner (bring something unique from your country!) and various other activities, such as the Sport’s Day in our campus located in the forests of Piliscsaba, to enjoy traditional Hungarian folk dance or just to see the science wonders happening in our labs.
We maintain a vast and diverse mentor system, so everyone can have a perfect buddy during their time in Hungary. We aim to pair you with one of the Hungarian students studying in the same division as you do, so they surely know their way around. Mentors can help you in managing your daily life in the University, as well as aid you in the struggles of administration. They also organize common visits to various cultural events, concerts or sightseeing tours all over Hungary during breaks
While having sport facilities in the Faculty of Information Technology and Bionics, the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and the Faculty of Law, PPCU also offers reductions from the local gyms.
International students can opt for a pass for the library of the Faculty of Law, the Faculty of Information Technology and Bionics and the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, or get a free student entrance for the second biggest library of Hungary, the Szabó Ervin Library, which is just a short walk from the university buildings.
Every international student is offered a place in one of our dormitories located in Piliscsaba or Esztergom. While Esztergom is perfect for students wishing to study Archeology, Piliscsaba is easily commutable from Budapest with train and bus.
Hungarian language course
If you are worried about learning a foreign language, we are happy to help you with free language courses offered to incoming international students. Study with your peers and get closer to the locals, and maybe read a book in Hungarian!
Youth Language Bar
Brush up your English, German, French, Italian or Spanish skills while having fun with native speaker students! We organize language nights in various famous social spots in Budapest.
Have a cook-off with other students, show videos of your country and engage in each other’s culture. The Faculty helps in organizing, but we need your help with the spices!
If you are a student of PPCU, you are eligible for a Pázmány Card, which allows you to reductions from local shops, restaurants and services around the Campus.
Your Own official e-mail address
Receive your own PPCU e-mail address while you are in Hungary, and be part of a professional group.
For more information, please contact us at:
Arts And Humanities
One-Tier Master Course